Dr. Jacqueline Osuna
Chief Bariatric Surgeon
Dr. Jacqueline Osuna is a world-renowned bariatric surgeon who performs gastric sleeve, duodenal switch, revisional surgery and other bariatric procedures. Dr. Osuna is a bariatric surgeon with more than 10 years of experience and thousands of weight loss procedures performed. She is a well-known bariatric and metabolic surgeon with a spotless reputation.
Dr. Jacqueline Osuna is well respected by the professional community and admired for her research and many publications on a variety of medical topics.
Dr. Jaqueline Osuna received her medical degree from the University of Guadalajara, then extended her surgical training at Cook County Hospital in Chicago, IL.
Dr. Jacqueline Osuna is a board-certified surgeon. Dr Osuna specializes in Bariatric Surgery. She specializes in weight loss procedures including a gastric sleeve, single-incision gastric sleeve, gastric bypass, gastric mini-bypass, duodenal switch, and revision surgery.
- Centro Universitario de Ciencias de la Salud (CUCS). Universidad de Guadalajara. Medical Degree (M.D.) Obtaining 94.04 average.
- Rotatory boarding school Hospital General Regional 46. June 2000 to June 2001. With 9.04 average
- Centro Medico Nacional de Occidente. IMSS Guadaljara Jalisco, Mexico March 2003-Febrero 2007
- Cook County Hospital Chicago Il. Cirugía de Esófago, Laparoscópica y Robótica On the charge: Dr Phillipe Donahue
- Social Service of Speciality in General Surgery: Centro Médico Nacional de Occidente Guadalajara Jalisco, Mexico March 2006-August 2006
Find out if you pre-qualify for weight loss surgery!
Specialized Medical Training
- Practical Theoretical course of Basic Endoscopic Surgery, March-August 2004, Curricular value 200Hrs. Guaranteed by the Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery and by the IMSS
- Graduated in Laparoscopic Surgery Outpost and Bariatric Surgery, March – June 2007, Tijuana BC. Clinica 1 of the IMSS, Curricular value 420Hrs. Guaranteed by the Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery and by the IMSS
- Training in Positioning Laparoscopic Lap Band, June 2007, Tijuana BC. Clinica 1 of the IMSS, Guaranteed by Lap-Band like Surgeon Certificate on Laparoscopic positioning of Gastric Band
- Training in Metabolic Surgery and Sleeve Gastrectomy, 2007, Tijuana BC Clinica 1 of the IMSS, Guaranteed by the Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery and by the IMSS
Bariatric Credentials and Certifications
- Salvador Fonseca-Reyes, Jose Parra-Carrillo, Javier Garcia de Alba-Garcia, Irma Bonilla-Rosales, Jacqueline Osuna-Rubio. American Journal of Hypertension May 2003 Vol 16 No 5, Part 2, P 48.
- TUE-G-2 Liver fibrosis and expression of SMAD 7, Collagen I, III and TGF mRNA in patients with bile duct injury after cholecystectomy. M Alatorre-Carranza, A Miranda-Diaz, I Yañez-Sanchez, JM Hermosillo Sandoval, J Osuna-Rubio. Gut 2006 55 (Suppl V) A 165
- Blood Pressure changes before, during and after cigarette smoking in normal subjects.
Jose Z Parra, Salvador Fonseca, Irma C. Bonilla, Jacqueline Osuna, Antonio Fregoso. American Journal of Hypertension May 2003 Vol 16 No 5, Part 2, P 577.
- Blood Pressure circadian rhythm in elderly. Jose Z Parra, Salvador Fonseca, Irma C. Bonilla, Jacqueline Osuna, Antonio Fregoso. American Journal of
- Hypertension May 2003 Vol 16 No 5, Part 2, P 58.
- Evolution of blood pressure in white coat hypertension patients evaluated with ambulatory monitoring.
Jacqueline Osuna-Rubio, José Manuel Hermosillo-Sandoval, Germán López-Guillén, Alejandro Maciel-Miranda, Clotilde Fuentes-Orozco, Andrea Socorro Álvarez-Villaseñor, Alejandro González-Ojeda, Dr. Alejandro López Ortega. Efecto del tamaño de la incisión en la gravedad de la lesión de vía biliar posterior. Gaceta Médica de México. 2008; 144 (3).